Effingham | 217-342-5433Newton | 618-783-5433Shelbyville | 217-774-4874
How Does the Abortion Pill Work?
The Abortion Pill is also known as Medical Abortion. This method is approved by the "FDA for use in women up to 70 days (10 weeks) after their last menstrual period (LMP) ... The woman is given Mifeprex to swallow, which eventually causes the death of the baby over the next few days. 24-48 hours after taking the first pill, misoprostol tablets are taken which causes cramping that expels the embryo. It is possible that she may see identifiable parts expelled if she is beyond 8 weeks LMP". (Before You Decide Brochure, Carenet, 2018, p.13)
1. "serious & sometimes fatal infections & bleeding."
2. "Vaginal bleeding lasts for an average of 9-16 days; 1 in 100 women bleed enough to require surgery (D&C) to stop the bleeding."
3. "According to the FDA, several U.S. women who used the abortion pill died due to an overwhelming total body infection (or sepsis). This infection complication should be considered in any woman who feels sick (with weakness, abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, with or without fever) after using Mifeprex."
4. "This abortion pill will not work in the case of an ectopic pregnancy where the embryo lodges outside of the uterus (usually in the fallopian tube). If not diagnosed early, there could be a risk of the tube bursting, internal hemorrhage & maternal death in some cases."
5. Sometimes the abortion pill fails. "Failure rate increases with advancing gestational age. A surgical abortion is usually done to complete a failed medical abortion." (p.13)
6. "There is evidence that abortion is associated with a decrease in long-term emotional & physical health. In line with the best available research … abortion significantly increases risk for: clinical depression & anxiety, drug & alcohol abuse, symptoms consistent with post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), suicidal thoughts & behavior … "
7. "Many couples choose abortion to preserve their relationship. Yet research reveals that couples who choose induced abortion are at increased risk for problems in their relationship … "
8. "There is a spiritual side to abortion that deserves to be considered. What might God think about your situation? What thoughts do you have about your spiritual development & your unborn baby's future as a spiritual being?" (p. 22-23)
The Abortion Pill may seem like the most convenient & private way to have an abortion. Without getting all of the facts for your health/safety & receiving an ultrasound first, the Abortion Pill can be very risky & scary. We recommend visiting the website: www.athomeabortionfacts.com to read more about the Abortion Pill.We also recommend downloading the free app, "Before You Decide," from your App or Play store. Choose 'Abort,' 'Get the Facts,' 'Abortion or Baby, You Decide.' It's best to have factual education on all of your options to make an informed decision. Contact your local Pregnancy Resource Center for this free education.
Before You Decide Brochure, (2018) Carenet, p.13, p.22, p.23
When you subscribe to the blog, we will send you an e-mail when there are new updates on the site so you wouldn't miss them.
605 Eden AveEffingham, IL 62401
301 S Jackson StNewton, IL 62448
225 E. South 1st St.Shelbyville, IL 62565
We do not offer, recommend or refer for abortions or abortifacients, but are committed to offering accurate education about abortion procedures and risks.